Monday, June 13, 2011

Manicure Monday: The Perfect Gray

I would estimate that I’ve been searching for the perfect gray nail polish for a good two years.  I’ll never forget the first time I saw a girl sporting this cloudy sky color on her nails one day while at work.  Obviously, I asked her where she found this beautiful nail polish… to which she responded that she made it.  Well, of course she did.  Now, don’t get me wrong, I love to be as creative as the next person, but I rather prefer buying nail polish as is.  I absolutely love having painted nails, but I’m not someone that wants to spend a lot of time on them.  I’m talking base coat, one coat of color, and a top coat for shine.  Nothing too fancy.  And thus, my search began.  I found a lot of pretty polishes that came close, but I wasn’t looking for one with glitter or shimmer to it.  I was strictly on the hunt for a flat, light gray color.  Collections came and went that, although excited me with many other beautiful colors, left me disappointed with close, but no cigar, grayish colors.  Yet, one glorious day, I came across Zoya’s Intimate Collection; holder of what I now refer to as the perfect gray nail polish!  The name of the polish is Dove ($8) and is an any season color.  The consistency is good; a bit on the runny side but applies really well and covers with one good coat.  Another plus, it dries pretty quickly! (Yay!)  I am very happy with this color and brand.  Dove was my first purchase from Zoya and will not be my last.  This brand is amazing!  All their polishes are vegan friendly and gluten-free! Plus, their nail polish remover (which is rumored to be incredible) is also gluten-free. Can’t wait to try it out!  Ulta has recently started carrying Zoya polishes from their Intimate Collection and hopefully will soon be getting a larger variety in stock.  You can also find their full color range, being quite extensive, on their website, www.zoya.com.  What “perfect” color are you looking for or have already found? Enjoy and have a great Mani Monday!


            

1 comment: